Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Playing "kitchen" at the supper table

So Peter and I were eating supper (dinner) tonight just the two of us and the conversation went something like this...
Peter- "how about we play a game while we are eating."
Mom-"um..."
Peter-"let's play kitchen you be the cooker and I will sit and the table and be the taster. You have 2 minutes now go"
Mom-"two minutes that not very long"
Peter-"oh you already made it" (and he takes a bite of the chicken soup/stew),
Peter-"and the winner is" and then he pauses for a min points his finger right at me and says "pack your bags and leave"
A bit later in the meal I've added cottage cheese to his plate and he tries some together with the stew. After some contemplation on his part he says. "Kinda good, needs a little sugar, to make it more flavor" And then he proceeds to mix every part of the meal together including the bread with jelly on it with the cottage cheese and stew. He didn't like it the first try but gave it another shot.

I was highly amused by the whole thing. What can I say I think I've bore a food critic. Or he's just watched a lot of the food network. (and can get upset if you turn it off in the middle of some show with judges and winners.)

2 comments:

Sarah Lewie said...

That kid cracks me up.

Thanks for the story! =)

L.Slanina said...

lol, pack your bags and leave!